Bowden Jones Solicitors are conveyancing experts and as such we are members of the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme or ‘CQS’. This means that we adopt a recognised standard of best practice in residential conveyancing matters.
In order to achieve and maintain this quality standard we must comply with the requirements of the Law Society CQS Scheme including the following:-
- Implementation and enforcement of Risk Management procedures – regarding precautions against issues such as money laundering, mortgage fraud, seller identity fraud or cyber fraud.
- Business Continuity – this means having a Disaster Recovery Scheme to ensure our ability to continue to serve our clients in the event of our offices becoming unusable.
- Financial Management – meaning long term viability of the firm and requires appropriate handling and protection of client monies.
- Supervision and training – this means that all conveyancing personnel are appropriately trained and supervised and each conveyancing file is regularly reviewed and progressed.
- Client Care Policies – requiring adherence to Solicitors’ Regulation Authority policies on client care and communication. For example, ensuring all correspondence is written in a clear fashion so that clients are not bombarded with legal jargon.
- File Management – this means adherence to strict standards of file management and regular progression updates along with being proactive regarding conveyancing matters whilst maintaining client confidentiality and keeping Estate Agents and Mortgage Brokers updated.
What this means from a client’s point of view is that you can rely on the following:
- A clear explanation of the nature of your transaction.
- Transparency on costs and disbursements involved.
- Frequent updates on the progress of your matter.
- Our proactivity in achieving completion of your matter.
- Adherence to all recognised standards.
- Fair and courteous treatment.
- Prompt response to your queries.
- Immediate contact if any unforeseen problems arise with your matter.
- Your feedback will be sought and acted upon.
- Any complaints you have will be promptly and fairly dealt with.
In summary, our membership of the Conveyancing Quality Scheme means you can instruct Bowden Jones Solicitors in the confidence that your matter will be progressed in accordance with the highest professional standards. For any queries call our team on 02920 484550 or send us an email